SIX COLLEGES ARRIVE FOR LOCAL INTERCOLLEGIATES

MUNROE, HARVARD'S CAPTAIN, IS NOT AVAILABLE

Harvard's Stadium will be the Mecca of track fans today and tomorrow when 133 Crimson athletes, University and Freshman, will seek to repeat last year's victory in the second annual. Greater Boston Intercollegiate track and field meet, competing against M. I. T. with 82 entries; B. C., with 72; Northeastern with 64; B. U. with 53, and Tufts with 45. Trials today are set for 3 o'clock, with the finals in 29 events tomorrow at 2.30 o'clock.

Though Coach Farrell has warned his charges at a Varsity Club meeting that they will meet stiff opposition, the Crimson is a heavy favorite in both the University and Freshman meet. A battle for second honors looms between Northeastern, which places second with 41 points to Harvard's 110 in 1930; and M. I. T. and B. C., last year tied for third.

Record, intercollegiate high hurdle champion, slated to run in both the high and low sticks, will find his attempt to win his first G. B. I. victory contested by two Huskies, Powers and MacKenzie.

The Stadium cinders, which Dennis Enright has in fine shape after the recent rains, should set one of the fastest races of the early college season when Fleet. Boston College sophomore faces Dodge, chief Crimson hope with Captain Munroe out of the running until probably May 22, and Shea. Northeastern star who was second to Munroe last year. Fleet is expected to do 49 flat, and Dodge is reported to have done his quarter at the Penn relays in 48 4-5.

Cobb, 1930 victor in the half mile with a time of 1 mins 57 2-5 sec., will partner with Fobes against Jordan, O'Brien, and Carew of B. C., all clocked at 1 min., 57 sec. The mile run will see Hallowell last year's winner facing Meagher an Moynahan of the Eagles. Moynahan was 10 yards behind Hallowell last year.

Entries in the shot put are well matched, as Bennett and Kuchn; Rymph of Northeastern; Grondal of M. I. T.; Couhig of B. C. are all 43 footers. In the discus Couhig has been throwing 140 feet recently, and a battle is expected between him, Upton 1930, winner; and Rymph, who placed second