M. L. PRUYN WINS NOVICE RACE IN CREW REGATTA

Compromise Event Won in Final Heat By J. U. White '34--One Competitor Capsizes and Still Finishes Third

M. L. Pruyn '35 rowed to a sensational victory over 18 competitors in the final heat of the novice singles event in the Invitation Regatta yesterday afternoon. His time for the half-mile course was 3 min., 9 sec.

The first division Freshman crew, which is stroked by Timothy Cheney '35, defeated that stroked by William Barnes, II '35 by a length over the three-quarter mile course. The time of the winning crew was 5 min., 5 sec.

The compromise singles race was won by J. U. White '34 in a final heat against G. R. Clark '32 and J. D. Sicher '35. In the course of the half-mile contest, Sicher's shell capsized; the contestant dragged the boat to shore, dumped the water out of it, and continued the race to receive third place.

At 4.15 o'clock this afternoon, the junior singles race will take place over a half-mile course starting upstream from a point opposite Stillman Infirmary. A Sophomore crew and a combination eight composed of Juniors and Seniors will start at 5 o'clock.