BUELL WILL RETURN TO HARVARD AS LECTURER

Formerly Assistant Professor, Has Had Leave of Absence To Study Foreign Relations

Dr. Raymond Leslie Buell, former Assistant Professor of Government at Harvard, will return to the University for the present half year as lecturer and tutor of Government, it was announced yesterday at University Hall. He will also conduct a seminar on some aspects of the American foreign policy.

Dr. Buell was a member of the Government Department at Harvard from 1922 to 1927, becoming an assistant professor in 1926. Since that time, he has been in New York as director of research for the Foreign Policy Association.

During the current half year, Dr. Buell has been on leave of absence from the Foreign Policy Association in order to complete a book on "The Caribbean Policy of the United States." He obtained his doctoral degree at Princeton, and during the last ten years he has given special lectures on international problems at Yale, Columbia, and the University of California. He is the author of several books, among the best known of which are "The Native Problem in Africa," and "Europe in the Last Decade."