FRESHMAN CREWS ROW FROM NEWELL THIS YEAR

BOTH FRESHMAN AND VARSITY BOATS NOW ON RIVER

For the remainder of the season the Varsity and Freshman crews will row from Newell Boat House, and all the House crews and scullers from the Weld Boat Club, it was announced last night by the Harvard Athletic Association.

This decision involves a radical change in policy, since it breaks the long-established tradition of restricting the use of Newell Boat House to Upperclass crews. For years all spring and fall Freshman rowing activities have centered in Weld Boat Club and it has been customary for the Freshmen to row at Newell during the winter months, in order to make use of the indoor tank, but they have always returned to Weld in the spring.

Crews Now on River

Both Freshman and Varsity shells were out on the river yesterday afternoon. The Freshmen are still divided into temporary crews arranged solely to suit the convenience of the oarsmen. A permanent reseating will not be made for some time.

At present the seating in the number one Varsity boat is: stroke, G. J. Cassedy '33; 7, A. L. Nickerson '33; 6, W. B. Bacon '33; 5, Malcolm Bancroft '33; 4, R. H. Hallowell '33; 3, F. J. Swayze '33; 2, Edward Yeomans, Jr. '33; bow, W. H. Holcombe '33; cox, H. H. Bissell '33. This seating may be changed by the end of the week on the return of Robert Saltonstall, Jr. '33, and S. H. Wolcott, Jr. '33, members of last year's Varsity and Junior crews respectively.