Liberal Club Urges Ousting Of Long in Capitol Action

Harvard Group Makes Resolutions at Washington

In connection with current movement to oust Huey "Kingfish" Long from the United States Senate, the Liberal Club yesterday sent a telegram to Senator David I. Walsh of Massachusetts, stating that they were absolutely in favor of the removal of this notorious senator from Louisiana.

The contents of the Liberal Club's telegram is as follows:

"The good government of America and the dignity of the United States Senate demand the immediate expulsion of Senator Huey Long and his henchman, Overton. His nefarious election practices are a threat to constitutional government. Hope you will take a decisive stand on this issue."

Four resolutions were proposed by the Harvard delegates from the Liberal Club to the National Conference on the Student in Politics, held in Washington, D.C., from Friday, December 29, to Sunday, December 31.

Proposed in the program were the abolition of war, racial equality, Federal aid for public schools, and opposition to Fascism.

The chief subject of the group's discussion was the part to be taken by students in the pacifist movement, and means of combating the depression. A similar meeting is planned for next year, to which the Liberal Club will again send delegates.