SERVICES FOR G. W. CRAM HELD YESTERDAY NOON

SERVED 22 YEARS IN CAPACITY OF RECORDER

Funeral services for George Washington Cram '88, Secretary of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, and Engineering, and Secretary for Appointments, were held yesterday at 12 o'clock in the Memorial Church. Mr. Cram died on the evening of December 31 at his home at 10 Frisbie Place. Reverend Willard Learoyd Sperry presided at the service.

Mr. Cram came to Harvard in 1891 in the capacity of assistant to the Dean, after working with the publishing firm of Houghton Mifflin & Co., and entering the railroad business in Chicago. Two years later he was made Recorder, which position he occupied until 1915, when he took over the duties of Secretary of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.

The Honorary Pallbearers for Mr. Cram's funeral were: LeBaron R. Briggs '75, Boylston Professor of Oratory and Rhetoric, Arthur L. Endicott '94, Comptroller, George H. Chase '96, John E. Judson, Professor of Archaeology, Arthur H. Brooks '91, William G. Howard '91, Professor of German, Gustavus H. Maynadier '89, Assistant Professor of English, Francis W. Hunnewell '02, Secretary to the Corporation, Roger I. Lee '01, Fellow of Harvard College, Charles M. Thompson '86, Henry A. Yeomans '00, Professor of Government, Charles Palache, Professor of Mineralogy, and Hon. Charles Francis Adams, Overseer of the University. The following were the Ushers at the funeral: U. Haskell Crocker, Gregory P. Baxter '96, Theodore William Richards, Professor of Chemistry, Alfred M. Tozzer '00, Professor of Anthropology, Kenneth B. Murdock '16, Professor of English, Thomas Pennypacker '16, Delmar Leighton '19, Dean of Freshmen, and Dr. George P. Cogswell '88.