HARVARD HISTORY PRINTED FOR 1938 IN CRIMSON BOOK

Booklet Contains Articles Written by Conant, Deans Briggs and Hanford, And Bingham

Over one thousand copies of the "History and Traditions of Harvard College" will be distributed to the members of the class of 1938 this evening at the Union after the talk on Harvard history to the Freshmen by Samuel E. Morison '08, professor of History.

The booklet, published by the CRIMSON, for the Freshmen contains a foreword by President Conant, an article on the history of Harvard by Mr. Morison, a section by Dean Hanford on educational changes and several essays on Harvard and the individual and the various traditions which are current in the University. William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics, the late Dean Briggs and others have contributed to the pamphlet. Dean Briggs' article was written some time ago but is still applicable to the undergraduate and is reprinted as a tribute to his memory.

After the distribution to the Freshmen the book will no longer be given away, but will go on sale at the local booksellers and throughout the country.