FAST OFFENSE GOAL OF 1934 HOCKEY PRACTICE

NO CUT EXPECTED TILL FOOTBALL MEN START PRACTICE

Coach Joe Stubbs put the Varsity hockey squad through a fast practice yesterday afternoon at the Arena in preparation for their first game with Tech one week from this evening. There was no cut and it is not expected that the squad will be reduced again until after the football men have rejoined the squad next week.

Eleven goalies are waging a battle for the position vacated by Captain deGive who left no understudy, but so far no choice has been possible.

Speed Emphasized

But apart from the situation around the net, the emphasis of all the practices so far this year has been toward the development of a fast offense which will be able to score more goals than their opponents. The lines will be revamped when Moseley and Ford come on the ice but at present Calloway, Dewey, Hovenanian, and Hallowell are always included in the first call.

The defense will be somewhat neglected according to present plans, but Captain Bill Watts and Dick Dow, both of whom played on the first team last year will take good care of their end of the game.