Dramatic Club Tries Novel Plan in Casting New Show

Competitors Will Read from O'Neill's "Days Without End"

An innovation in choosing members of the cast for the Harvard Dramatic Club's next production will be tried when tryouts for the play begin this afternoon. Since the officers of the club have not yet decided what show will be presented, all prospective actors in the play will be required to read one of the parts in Eugene O'Neill's "Days Without End."

The object of the system is to give those who are competing an opportunity to read from a play with which they can easily familiarize themselves, and they will be allowed to read the lines of any character in the show. Criticism has been leveled against the club recently because of its system of tryouts and the officers think that the new method is fairer. This plan was tried at Radcliffe last Friday with noticeable success.

Tryouts will be held today and Wednesday in Phillips Brooks House. They will be from 3 to 6 o'clock and from 7 to 9 o'clock today and from 2 to 5 o'clock and from 7 to 9 o'clock Wednesday. The title of the production will be announced in a few days.