GOLF TOURNAMENT TO BEGIN NEXT WEDNESDAY

JACQUES, PRESIDENT U.S.G.A., WILL SPEAK AT BANQUET

With every undergraduate in a New England college eligible to compete, the First Annual Oakley New England Intercollegiate Gold Tournament Championship will be played at the Oakley Country Club in Watertown, next Wednesday.

Coach Bert Nicholls of Harvard expects to enter the full Varsity and Freshman squads, and it is believed that many other undergraduates not at present associated with the golf squad will sign entry blanks.

The championship trophy, which is to be competed for on a strictly gross basis, will be awarded for one year to the college of the winner. Not only will the victor's name and college be engraved on the trophy, but he will also be presented with a gold medal to be retained permanently.

The tournament will consist of an eighteen hole medal round, to be played in two divisions. Class A will be limited to those contestants with ratings from scratch to fifteen, while players who hold ratings of sixteen or over will be placed in Class B. Winners of low gross and low net in each class will receive engraved medals.

On the evening of the day of the tournament, the first of its kind to be held at the Oakley Club, there will be a dinner at which several distinguished speakers will be present, including Herbert Jacques, President of the United States Golf Association.