HARRIERS WILL START CAMPAIGN HERE TODAY

CRUSADERS ALSO SEND 1930 TEAM TO COMBAT CRIMSON

A tripped trigger and the Crimson harriers wil be off at full cry this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock in their opener with Holy Cross. Lining up on the Cambridge side of the Charles just above the Larz Anderson Bridge, the racers will follow the same four mile course as last year, breaking the tape in front of the Newell Bont House.

Though the potential strength of the squad is inferior to that of last year's team, Jaakko expects another victory over the Purple distance-men. Leading the pack should be Captain Bob Playfair, twice winner of the Big Three Meet and holder of the course record, Hayden Channing, Jr. '37 was second in last year's Holy Cross meet and is considered a likely candidate for the same berth this year.

Dark horse of the race is Jack Love joy, a Junior who started his cross country career this fall and has been showing up well in practice. The red hair of six-foot-three Axel Northrop, yearling captain last year, should also be seen among the leaders.

Starting at the same time as the Varsity, an untried Freshman team will race over a two-mile course, finishing in front of Newell. Among the yearling harriers who showed up well in the time trial are Richard C. Babb, Roswell Brayton, George P. Gardner, III, Alfred J. Hanion, Jr., Frederick C. Hinman, and Francis R. King.