Junior Varsity Will Clash With Holy Cross '39 Eleven

Bill Parquette Expected to Be Jayvee Backfield Mainstay

A revamped junior varsity team will meet the Holy Cross Freshmen this afternoon in its second contest of the season. With one game safely tucked away the Jayvees will go out this afternoon for their second win of the season:

The initial victory was ever the Northeastern Freshmen who were licked 26-7 in a Harvard romp. Today, however, the going will be heavier. Holy Cross has a reputation for sending out teams that can be counted on to provide an hour's work for any Harvard eleven.

Whether Harvard succeeds in overcoming the Purple will depend largely on the quarterbacking and passing of Bill Parquette who has been down from the Varsity for a little over a week. This small but talented pass thrower should be enough to provide the margin of victory over Holy Cross if he appears at his best.

He will be backed up by the husky Ralph L. Pope, Jr. '38 and the two 155-pounders Frank J. Owen '37 and Bichard G. Appel, Jr. '38. Owen is another recent varsity back while Pope and Appel are both consistent performers.