Scalpers Sell Football Squad Tickets for Exorbitant Prices

Coaches Warn All Squads of Blacklisting--Ineligibility Is Threatened.

Evidence that the ticket allotments of members of the Varsity, Junior Varsity, and Freshman teams have reached the hands of scalpers resulted in instant action by the H. A. A. yesterday.

While there is no proof involving any one individual, seats from Section 31, the location of squad applications, are selling for high prices in Cambridge streets. Two excellent seats were sold for $27.50 just outside the H.A.A. offices.

In Hand of Scalpers

Even if the seats of a squad member are in the hands of speculates, that does not necessarily mean he sold them at a premium. He may have given them to a friend, who thence sold them at a profit.

At any rate, Coaches Harlow, Lamar, and Stahley warned their entire squads yesterday afternoon against letting their tickets get into what they termed "irresponsible hands". They pointed out that tickets so used may not only result in blacklisting but also in ineligibility for further intercollegiate competition.

Other Students Guilty

When questioned last night, H.A.A. officials said that many other undergraduates may be guilty of the same offense and that they are subject to the same penalties. They made it clear that they had restricted their criticisms to the squad as they were the only student body within their reach.

This is the first time in nearly four years that a Harvard-Yale game has brought such prices from speculators, and it is understood that practically no blacklisting has been necessary during this period.

If the seat of any undergraduate reaches the hands of scalpers, that undergraduate is responsible even though a third party is involved in the deal.