PIGSKIN

While none can argue away the five major defeats of the football team this fall, the majority of undergraduates are finding cause for satisfaction in the performance of Captain Kellly and his team. The progress which they have made since the Springfield game early in October augurs future victories.

Saturday witnessed the struggle of two evenly pitted teams. If the Crimson had had the breaks, the result might have provoked just as much enthusiasm in the Harvard stands as did the brilliant march down the field to a touchdown early in the fourth quarter. The game showed that the Harlow machine has conquered inefficiency and the many difficulties which have impeded its progress since September.

While the end of the road has not been reached, we congratulate Dick Harlow on reaching the halfway mark. Captain Kelly, Manager Deland, and the squad may be proud of their record for in it Captain-elect Dubiel, Manager-elect Page, and next year's squad will find all the elements of a victorious season.