CRIMSON SKATERS SWAMP B.U. 12-1 IN ARENA LAST NIGHT

Fireworks Let Loose in Second Period by Early Goal of Mechem; Callaway Scores in Solo Dash

Superb playing by the second and third lines coupled with the individual brilliance of Jim Roberts gave Harvard an easy 12-1 victory over Boston University in the Arena last night.

Packing away two early goals, Harvard was never threatened by the intown players who were completely unable to stem onslaughts of the Harvard players, especially when the second and third lines were on the ice.

The first line play of Moseley, Hovenanian, and Callaway was marked only by sparkling individual performances, especially by Moseley whose stick work and pokechecking were among the best of the evening.

But it was the second and third lines that accounted for 11 of the goals while the first line goal came only on a nifty piece of sole work in the second period by Sam Callaway who split the defence of the Terriers and had the goalie completely at his mercy for a wicked shot into the corner of the net.

In the second period Mechem got an early goal, and then fireworks were let loose as Ford and Carvell engaged each other in a little slashing duel with Carvell being chased.

The summary: HARVARD  B. U. Hovenanian, l.w.  r.w., Woodward Moseley, c.  c., Desrosiers S. Callaway, r.w.  l.w., Cavelli Brown, l.d.,  r.d., James J. A. Roberts, r.d.  l.d., Hoar Waldinger, g.  g., Borofsky