Ubiquitous Scholar-Vendor to Offer Positive Proof Tomorrow That Bacon Wrote Shakspere

Samuels Takes to Soap Box on Common, Illustrating From His Opus "Man vs. Ape"

From cubbyhole on Boylston Street to soap box on Boston Common is the latest excursion of Philip Francis Samuels, Baconian scholar extraordinary, author and vendor of "Man vs. Ape in the Play Earco Rammed"--or positive proof that Bacon wrote Shakspere.

It has now been more than a year since Professor Samuels was last seen in these parts--not since his rather hectic career as proprietor of a book store at 30a Boylston Street, three feet wide and many leagues deep. Then came that fateful day when a sudden visit by the constabulary, who unfortunately seemed to be free from any interest in Bacon's dramatic talent, resulted in the prompt exit of Samuels.

From that day to this the erstwhile Cambridge literatus has remained in obscurity, laying his plans for the coup that would one time fulfil his destiny--rocket him and his Bacon to their rightful pinnacle in literature's hierarchy.

And then would be time enough, from that lofty position, to salute Professor Kittredge with a time-honored gesture involving the thumb, four fingures, and the tip of one's nose.

Friends of the Baconian point with pride to his ramblings of the last twelve months, the course of which is known to but few. These last regard the scholar as a personification of the Conant concept of "roving professor".

A handbill intimates that life since Boylston Street has not been without profit. The plans for the coup have been made and the hour is near--3 o'clock sharp tomorrow afternoon on Boston Common. From the soapbox nearest Beacon and Charles Streets he will launch the final attack with the novel cry "Absolute New and Positive Evidence that Bacon wrote Shakspere."

Those planning to be on hand are advised to "Bring Your Shakspere' with You and Come Early."