FIRST MEETING OF RED BOOK CANDIDATES WILL BE HELD THIS EVENING

COMPLETE CANVASS OF FRESHMEN FOR DATA IN MARCH

Candidates for the staff of the Red Book will attend their first meeting tonight at 7:15 o'clock in the Union. Chairman Robert M. Bunker yesterday announced the plans for the ensuing competition, which will last from six to eight weeks.

There are about 30 positions open to candidates. Men who have had previous experience in this type of work will be given no preference on that ground alone.

Aspirants to the editorial board will be split up into six or seven groups, and each group will cover one of the athletic seasons either completed or now in progress. In order to cause coaches and athletes a minimum of inconvenience, information on each sport will be secured by the group as a whole.

When sufficient data has been rounded up, each candidate will write a separate synopisis of the season. This article will be important in the choice of men for the board.

The first big job for all heelers will be the collection of first hand information on all Freshmen, as to what committees and organizations they are on, what scholarships they hold, etc. This canvass will be made in March, when the Freshmen are definitely established.

The Red Book will be published on May 15