THOMAS HEALEY WILL CAPTAIN 1940 ELEVEN

WIN JAMESON, SOPHOMORE END, BREAKS INTO A TEAM LINEUP

Thomas V. Healey '40, of Worcester, a six foot, 190 pound tackle was elected captain of the Freshman football team at yesterday's practice session. Healey, who has been outstanding in the Yardlings line all season, prepared at Worcester Academy, and is 19 years old.

Following his election he led the Freshman first eleven in a practice game with the C Varsity. The 1940 team battled their elders on even terms throughout the three 10 minute periods, until Colwell caught a 30 yard pass from Loenstein to score for the Varsity on the last play.

The outlook for the Princeton game was further darkened when it was learned that Bob Jones, first string center, and a bulwark in the middle of the line, is in the Infirmary with a sore throat. Although the medical staff held out some hope that Jones might start, Coach Dick Harlow is not too optimistic. Tim Russell will get the starting call in Jones' absence.

Win Jameson, a sophomore end, broke into the A team line-up yesterday, but the coaches refused to attach any significance to the change. Admittedly the end play hasn't been satisfactory, and experiments are being tried all the time to strengthen the flanks.

The A squad worked out against Princeton plays, with every man in good shape with the exception of Roberts, who still has a pronounced limp.

Coach Lamar started the following team against the C squad: Devine, l.e., Armstrong, l.t., Fahr, l.g., Bird, c., Heiskell, r.g., Healey, r.t., Maguire, r.e., Sargent, q., Curtiss, r.h., McDonald, l.h., Hoye, f.