UNIVERSITY WILL WATCH FIRST OPEN PRACTICE AT 2:30

Light Practice Yesterday Featured by Search for Point Kicker; Ford Is Promoted to Starting Lineup

Breaking precendent again, the first open football practice of the Harlow regime is scheduled for 2.30 o'clock this afternoon in the Stadium.

According to H.A.A. officials, nothing out of the ordinary has been planned. The usual Friday afternoon session will take place with no frills, but the unusual interest reported among the student body indicates that a sizeable crowd will be present to watch the coaching staff put the squad through the last work-out before the Brown game.

The "usual Friday afternoon session" consists of work with the kickers first, followed generally by place kick drill. Then if the usual custom is maintained, the squad will be split into the A,B, and C teams to run signals, and perfect the handling and passing.

Work on the execution and reception of kick-offs generally closes the practice. It is believed that no contact work will be attempted for fear of injuries, but otherwise the University will witness the regular procedure followed every week day.

The public address system will not be used and about the only thing cores, ponding to a between halfs entertainment will be the somewhat muted strains of the Band wafted over from the practice field, where the final drill on maneuvers will be going on.

Yesterday's Practice Light

Practice yesterday was of the usual Thursday variety, with no contact work for A and B teams. Both elevens ran through plays in dummy scrimmage, and then took turns in drilling the secondary with passes. Punting completed the program, with the Georges Ford and Roberts booting them down to Austie Harding.

Dick Harlow said that he anticipated making no further changes in the line-up, starting the same combination against Brown as faced Amherst last week, except for Ford at right half in place of Mal McTernen.

The search for a reliable point kicker continued with renewed vigor throughout the week, George Roberts and Austin Harding making the most progress. Chief Boston and Phil Brooks also show promise of developing toe talent.

Everyone on the squad has been encouraged to practice the art, and it is pointed out that its cultivation vastly increases the value of an individual player. Almost all of the kickers prefer to place rather than drop kick. Coach Harlow says that he has no preference what-soever, but that almost all players come from prep and high schools trained in the former.