ADVOCATE JUDGE IN SHORT STORY CONTEST

Prize of $100 Offered for Best Short Story Offered in Annual Contest Sponsored by Story Magazine.

An award of $100 is offered for the best specimen submitted in the Third Annual Short Story Contest sponsored by Story Magazine in colleges throughout the country. Harvard entries in the competition will be judged by editors of the Advocate.

Stories must not be less than 1500 nor more than 7000 words in length, and must be received at the Advocate House, Mount Auburn and Plympton Streets, before March 15. The winning entry will be published in Story.

Fifty dollars will be awarded to the winner of the second prize. By the terms of the contest each colleges may submit two entries, each of which must be certified by a member of the Faculty. Contestants may submit as many stories as they wish.

Faculty Members Judges

The Advocate has announced that it will act as preliminary judge, and select three Faculty members to act as final judges of the Harvard entries. All entries should be typewritten but stories written in longhand on one side of the paper will be accepted. Story reserves the right to allow reprints of any entries in short story anthologies.

The entries submitted must be fiction, written in the short story formal. No essays or poetry will be considered by the judges of the contest.

Mid-winter competitions for membership on the Literary and Business Boards of the Advocate will open at 8 o'clock on Wednesday, with a preliminary meeting at the Advocate House. Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are eligible.