MUSIC PETITION GETS OFFICIALDOM'S FAVOR

DRIVE FOR SIGNATORIES GOES ON WITH 50 ALREADY

With the signatures of more than 50, or almost every man who has seen the petition, affixed to their plea, music students yesterday called forth official recognition of their drive for enlargement of library facilities of the Music Department.

Support of the idea and iteration of its financial impossibility at the present time sum up opinion on the subject from higher up.

M.A. DeWolfe Howe '87, member of the Board of Overseers, and chairman of its Visiting Committee for music, declared in an interview that he is heartily in sympathy with the idea behind the petition.

Further is it understood that this idea of concentrating the music library in the Music Building has been an object of discussion with the Division and the Visiting Committee for several years and represents an objective with which those bodies are in accord.

Like many things of this sort it depends on money being available and must wait until the requisite funds appear.

Meanwhile the campaign for unanimous support of music students on the petition goes on. Specifically the petition complains that music is so divided between the two buildings as to make access difficult, especially since the filing system in Harvard's main library is incomplete in this respect.