Invasion of Harvard Men and Guests Swell Ranks of City as Long-Awaited Tercentenary Days Dawn

161 Presidents on Roster of Academicians; Roosevelt to Top Alumni List

More than two years of intensive planning, construction, and ballyhoo sweep towards their climax today as 15,000 world citizens move on Cambridge for Harvard's three-day, 300th birthday party.

A rapid glance at the list of guests reveals 550 delegates from universities and learned societies here and abroad, the President of the United States, the Governor of Massachusetts, some 10,000 alumni, 2500 undergraduates, and members and former members of the Faculty and governing boards.

A second short look shows the largest gathering of college presidents in American academic history, 161, delegates exofficio among the 62 world savants who gathered for last fortnight's Symposium of Arts and Sciences, and 11 Harvard officers officially representing foreign universities.

A Look at The Programme

With Friday as the day for a whole summer's schedule of special events, today's principal doings include receptions for the various delegates and in the evening the first of three concerts by the Boston Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Dr. Serge Koussevitsky.

Alumni Day, tomorrow, sees the most ambitious gathering of the Associated Harvard Clubs since their organization in 1897. Highlights on the morning's programme in the Tercentenary Theatre include an address by President Conant, presentation of the student viewpoint in three speeches by undergraduates, and a roll call and election of Glubs officers.

Finally, on Friday, the Tercentenary exercises take place before noon when alumni, students, and Faculty, together with honored guests rally in the Theatre for a programme of official salutations. The climax will be the bestowal of honorary degrees and President Conant's Tercentenary oration.

In the afternoon many will again enter the Theatre for a "general meeting" of the alumni. With President Lowell in the chair as "President of the Day," President Roosevelt will be among the speakers at this time.