MANY STAFFS BORN AND BRED BY 300TH PLANS

MUSIC, PUBLICITY, AND LODGING ALSO NEED NURSING

Organization of the Tercentenary celebration has been in the hands of a graduate staff of eleven men under the direction of Jerome D. Greene '96, and an undergraduate committee headed by Thomas H. Quinn '36 and John B. Bowditch '37. These have been aided by an office staff which has grown to thirty since plans for the celebration were started two years ago.

Summer Work

The undergraduate committee started work last winter and continued during the summer, Quinn remaining during July and Bowditch returned in August. Caleb Foote '39 was active last Spring. Other members of the committee include, C. Colmery Gibson '37, George G. Hedblom '37, Herbert M. Irwin '37, Shaun Kelley '36, and LeMoyne White '36.

Band

Irwin, taking charge of the band, has been instrumental in getting that organization back to Cambridge on masse to take an active part in the ceremonies. F. Leroy (Wintergreen) Anderson '29 is still conducting and has produced some new arrangements.

Graduate Staff

The graduate staff includes David M. Little '18 as assistant director, Harold J. Coolidge, Jr. '26, in charge of photography, William G. Land '28, registrar of the Tercentenary Conference, George F. Lombard '33, in charge of radio, Albert J. Lynd '32, in charge of the Tercentenary Gazette and printing. Charles F. McNeil '27, in charge of lodging and catering, Walcott D. Street '27, first editor of the Gazette, Arthur Wild '25, in charge of publicity. John B. Jackson '32, and Barrett Wendell, Jr '36 on the office staff fice staff.

Music

The Tercentenary music is under the direction of Archibald T. Davison '05 and George W. Woodworth '24, professors of music.