PSYCHIATRY WORK DOUBLED IN YEAR, REPORTS DR. BOCK

6342 Patients at All Clinics to Date, 363 More Than Last Year, Heaviest In Department's History

Business is booming at the Psychiatric Clinic of the Hygiene department, according to figures released yesterday by Arlie V. Bock, Henry K. Oliver Professor of Hygiene. Up to December 14,366 patients have been trated at this clinic, as compared with 154 in the same period last year.

Total visits to all clinics this fall are 6,342, the figures show, which is 363 more than a year ago. Commenting, Bock said, "The various clinics as a whole are running nearly parallel with last year, which was the heaviest year in the history of the department."

The pre-vacation report shows that the number of admisions to Stillman is within one of last year, 497 being admitted this fall and 498 last. Cases of pneumonia are tied at 12 each year, while acute appendectomies are 29 this year as compared with 13 last fall.

Total number analysis of general medical and surgeon care shows 4,506 at the Hygiene Building, 923 at the Law Clinic, and 546 at the Medical School Clinic.