Glee Clubbers Acclaimed On Choral Presentation

Symphony Conductor Kisses Girls Following "Passion"

"Best performance in four years", enthused G. Wallace Woodworth '24, conductor of the Glee Club, last night after the four hour "St. Matthew Passion" by the Glee Club and the Radcliffe Choral Society. Temporarily deprived of his position as conductor by Dr. Koussevitzky, Woodworth was consoled after the performance by the gift of a framed photograph of the combined clubs, given by several Radcliffe members.

Led by the president of the Choral Society, the same girls presented Dr. Koussevitzky with a chocolate rabbit, considered fitting in view of the season and subject of the concert. "I'll keep it the rest of my life," the conductor said. In proof of this declaration he promptly kissed all of his feminine benefactors.

To facilitate the recording by R.C.A. Victor, the audience was requested to refrain from applause between numbers. Restraint was broken at the close by over five minutes clapping, as Woodworth shook hands with Koussevitzky. Only one chair was overturned; only one book had fallen to the floor. The records will not be ready for sale for at least three months.