STUDENT COUNCIL BACKS FRIDAY FOOTBALL RALLY

FIRST RALLY SINCE 1925 WILL START AT 4:30

Harvard's first football rally since 1925 will be held this Friday afternoon at 4:30 in front of the Dillon Field House on Soldiers Field, it was revealed last night when, at a special meeting, the Student Council voted moral and financial backing for the affair.

The rally will be held Friday afternoon at 4:30 in front of the Dillon Field House on Soldiers Field, refuting previous rumors of Thursday in Memorial Hall. The lights outside the Stadium, used for Freshman practice, will be ignited.

"Support for Harvard Football and Coach Dick Harlow" will be the slogan of the rally. The band, cheerleaders, and appropriate speakers are being arranged. At present definite speakers are Athletic Director William J. Bing- ham '16, Coach Dick Harlow, and Captain Rob Green. Former Crimson gridiron greats are being contacted, however.

Committee in charge of the rally is Charles D. Dyer 3rd '39, chairman, band manager Charles D. Duffy Jr. '39, head cheerleader E. Russell Greenhood Jr. '39, and Cleveland Amory '39, Oliver P. Bolton '39, Frederick H. Holdsworth '40 and Charles A. Meyer '39.

Last year a grid rally almost materialized before the Yale game but was thwarted at the last minute when no backing appeared and unfavorable comment came from the Dean's office