ELIOT SOLE CONQUEROR IN HOUSE COMPETITION

DEACON TANKMEN LOSE AT YALE AS LOWELL BOWS AT HANOVER

Eliot's 4 to 1 victory at New Haven over the Davenport racquetmen, Yale inter-College champions, was the only bright spot in a gloomy Saturday for House athletes.

At Hanover the Lowell hoopmen bowed to Delta Kappa Epsilon, Dartmouth intramural winners, 28 to 18, and an all House boxing team and an informal group of squad wrestlers lost to corresponding Green teams 4 1/2 to 2 1/2 and 16 to 5 respectively. A Davenport tidal wave submerged the Kirkland swimmers 52 to 10.

John H. Finley, Jr., '25, assistant professor of Greek and Latin, turned in the courtmen's best performance with a 3 to 2 victory over Bund of Davenport. Other Crimson victories were chalked up by William H. Cann '37, 1L, Thomas H. Hones '37 1L, and Harris K. Westheimer '40.

Despite Ralph Murphy's 11 points, the Bellboys were outclassed by the Dekes' superior teamwork. Pugilists Harry W. Kelly '40 and James R. Dowd '40, fighting in the 155 and 165 pound classes, were the only Crimson winners. No contestants showed up for the 115 pound event, while Paul O. Chatfield '39 and Louis B. Harder '41 lost their bouts.

Ed Waldron took the Deacons' only first place in the 100 in the swimming. Outweighed 90 pounds, Chuck Klein, wrestling in the unlimited class, won the mat victory with a fall, as Lynn M. Robinson '41, Joseph Hartman '41, William P. Keats '39, and Thomas L. Eliot '41 lost to the Green.