Spaeth Elected to Head Freshman Union Committee

Plans to Hold Reviews in Major Freshman Courses, Dance in February

Edmund B. Spaeth, Jr. '42 of Philadelphia and Grays Hall was elected Chairman of the Freshman Union Committee last Tuesday evening at a special meeting.

Spaeth, who graduated from the Germantown Friends School, was president of his class, and editor of the school year book. Concerning the future activities of the Union Committee he said:

Plan to Hold Reviews

"We plan to hold reviews of the major Freshman courses, as a continuance of last year's custom, in the Union," said Spaeth. "Some will probably be completed before January 19, and the remainder during the examination period. A sub-committee has already been appointed to enlist the aid of the heads of the various courses in recommending instructors."

According to Spaeth, the purpose of the committee under his leadership will be to carry on the policy of "breaking down the indifference of the students, and getting them to know one another." To this end the successful Freshman Dance and the Amateur Night were organized. It is planned to hold another dance in February.