Tough Dartmouth Tangle Looms As Harlowmen Lose Macdonald

Koufman and Hallett Uncertain As Team Prepares for Indians With Heavy Drill

Gloom prevailed in the Crimson gridiron camp yesterday with the announcement that the limit of Captain Torble Macdonald's participation in the Dartmouth clash Saturday would be the coin toss with Whit Miller of the Green.

Complete rest has been decreed by medical authorities as the sole cure for the fleet captain's injured leg. The injured member was not aggravated in the Penn game, but his activity in the contest retarded all normal improvement. It is hoped that the layoff will get him in shape for the invasion of Princeton.

Hallett Hurt

Coach Dick Harlow sent the varsity squad through as strenuous a workout as Harvard has ever had during the week before a major game, and from this heavy drill emerged veteran tackle Moss Hallett with a leg bump which makes his participation against the Indians uncertain. The medicos will be able to give more definite information on his status today. In the mean-time, a lively scrap is going on between Vern Miller and Pete Elser for second ranking at the left tackle post.

Both Burgy Ayres and Joe Koufman were withheld from contact work yesterday, but it is safe to say that at least Ayres will be ready by the time Saturday rolls around. And Koufman is accorded a good change to be in there too.

Gene Lovett and Bart Kelley are still battling it our for the right wing job if Koufman is unable to answer the opening whistle. Ernie Sargeant was excused from the afternoon's chores, and Dick Pfister took his place on the A team.