TORBIE SHOWS FORM IN PRACTICE SCRIMMAGE

Tastes Contact Work for First Time in Practice Since His Injury; Runs Well; Lowry Hurt

Captain Torble Macdonald got his first taste of practice scrimmage since September 28 when he participated in a 30-minute session which pitted the A and B teams against the C and Jayvee outfits yesterday afternoon.

Macdonald's last bit of contact work was against the Pennsylvania Quakers in the Stadium on October 21. He was ready for a bit of action against Army last Saturday, but a bad case of indigestion postponed his return another week.

Macdonald Looks Good

Dick Harlow was not pleased with yesterday's scrimmage in general, but Macdonald's work was highly satisfactory. He ran and passed in fine style, and observers predict that he will be ready to go at full speed against New Hampshire on Saturday.

The lone casualty as a result of the day's rough-and-tumble workout was Junior guard Don Lowry. Lowry was bumped up considerably, but the exact extent of his injury will not be known until today. George Heiden, Burgy Ayres, and Club Peabody did not participate in the heavy work yesterday.