WALDSTEIN WILL PLAY BUCKING BACK FOR '43

Injury Expected to Sideline Fisher at Eli Game; McNicol, Goldthwaite Lead Attack

With the return of Mort Waldstein at bucking back, Skip Stahley's Wildcats near the Yale game at full strength in the backfield. Only Bob Fisher, heavy tackle, is on the squad's injury list with a lame ankle.

Caleb Loring, whose offensive work has been outstanding, will start at wing back. Dave Goldthwaite is light, but his backing-up is very aggressive, while Captain Don McNicol is the spark of the attack, but lacks defensive experience.

The lack of Waldstein's expert kicking was partly responsible for the loss of the Dartmouth game and his return to action brightens prospects considerably.

Barnes and Forte at Ends

Bill Barnes and Don Forte occupy the end positions, and are capable pass receivers. Tom Rogstad, stolid iron-man, and John Ryan, who has turned in a good piece of work this week, will probably start at the tackles. Russ Stannard and Leland Sosman will be at the guard posts. Johnny Page, although light, sparks defensive manoeuvres at center.

Reserves Are Capable

Ray Guild, the speediest man on the squad; Ross Whittier, an able assistant to Waldstein; Dave Glass, blocking back; and Doug Graham, substitute for McNicol, are the backfield reserves.

Dick Manegold and Bill Sharpe comprise a good pair of guards, but with the probable absence of Fisher, the tackle reserves are not up to par. Jim Aldrich, Morris Gray, and Stan Durwood, who has been shifted from center, have not had much experience. Pop Jenks and Jack Morgan will assist Barnes and Forte at the flanks, while Richardson at center is good on the defense, but is weak on passing. Extensive signal practice has been the main activity this week. New plays, mainly for five and seven-man line defenses, have been added.