ZIMMERMAN BELIEVES BIRTHRATES WILL RISE

Assistant Professor of Sociology Sees Brighter Future for Towns of New England

Despite the present low birth rates in rural New England towns. Carle C. Zimmerman assistant professor of Sociology, states in an article appearing in the "Planners Journal" that as western society clarifies its future and begins again to move upon some objectives, birthrates will increase.

In his article Zimmerman lauda the New England bill people, calling them "a human asset, something which America will probably recognize much mere, in the future than in the past."

"American Memories"

New England, Zimmerman says is the "treasure-house of American memories," and "if several millions of small community dwellers caunci make an ideal living from all these possibilities then America has lost its intellectual right to its possessions."

Although it is "net true of all urban populations, life in the city is often mechanical and scidcial." And "even a part of the candle of life is sacrificed for an experience psychologyically as miscraple as if is economically said to be slammous."