Hitler, Mussolini Will Not Produce War Crisis This Spring, Marx Says

Declares Fascists Won't Demand Great Concessions From Britain, France

Germany and Italy will not produce a war crisis this spring, Fritz Morstein Marx, assistant professor of Government, declared in an interview yesterday. Hitler and Mussolini are conscious of the fact that England and Franco will not sacrifice any of their vital interests.

"Since the Munich pact, French and British resistance has stiffened" Marx said. "I do not doubt that Germany realizes clearly that a serious move towards Objectives regarded as vital for France or Britain would make a second World War inevitable."

As in past years, the Rome Berlin axis will make what Marx calls "orientation moves," designed to test the strength of the British and French position. "Such moves will probably center in Mediterrancan issues, but Italy knows that France will never surrender Tunisia, and she will not force the issue."

Germany is less prepared for a game of bluff than she was before Munich, Marx stated. "The annoxation of Austria and the Sudeten area has presented the Third Reich with organizational problems of the first magnitude not solved thus far. Germany's Eastern neighbors, though nominally attached to the Berlin-Rome axis, are certainly no reliable partners in any military test. German penotrotion of Southeast Europe which she began with the emasculation of Czechoslovakia has not progressed beyond the first stage."

To show German awareness of the fact that the United States will not be neutral in event of war, Marx quoted from the "Frankfurter Zoitung," a German newspaper: "The United States would be found at England's side in the case of war."

"The diplomacy of military threat has had its opportunity, and Rome and Berlin, in spite of their brave words to the contrary, recognize this fact," he concluded.