Tydings Heads List of Speakers Selected for H-Y-P Conference

All Upperclassmen Are Eligible; 25 Students and Five Faculty Will Attend

Senator Milliard H. Tydings of Maryland will be the principal speaker at the banquet of the fourth annual Harvard-Yale-Princeton Conference on Public Affairs, to be held at Princeton the week-end of April 21 and 22, the executive committee of the Conference announced yesterday.

Henry Cabot Lodge '23, junior Senator from Massachusetts, is also likely to be a speaker at the Conference's final gathering on Saturday night. His acceptance depends on possible commitments in Washington that week-end.

Meanwhile a call for student delegated to the Conference was issued by the editors of the undergraduates papers of the three colleges. Approximately twenty-five students and five Faculty members from each will attend.

Upperclassmen Eligible

Office hours for undergraduates interested in the Conference will be held in the CRIMSON building tonight, tomorrow night and Thursday from 7.30 to 9 o'clock. All upperclassmen are eligible, and selection of delegates will be made on the basis of knowledge of the subjects under discussion and familiarity with round table discussion technique.

The titles of the five tables are: I. "The United States and Latin American Relations;" II. "The United States' Policy Toward International Trade;" III. "Social Security and Relief;" IV. "Government and Transportation Problems;" and V. "Pressure Groups in a Democracy."

Undergraduates will act as chairmen of each of the tables, and the chairman of the Social Security and Relief table will be a student from Harvard.

Meals and rooms in Princeton will be arranged for free of charge by the Conference, the only expense to delegates being transportation.