Crimson All-Star Aggregation Whips Lampy By Sensational, Overwhelming Score of 23-2

21 Home Runs Feature Rout of Effete Lampoons, Funny for Once in Defeat

As the shadows lengthened beneath the stately Plympton Street elms and the evening breeze whispered through the leaves, dignified Harvard men, strolling along the green paths of the ancient Yard, murmured to one another, "Ah, yes, 23 to 2, I understand."

And so it turned out once again. Sturdy CRIMSON batsmen, their muscles rippling a promise of quiet power, took their turns at the plate yesterday afternoon and easily lifted over 30 hits to the outfield, scoring, as Dame Fortune would have it, 23 runs to vanquish the hapless gentlemen of the Lampoon,--the 45th straight CRIMSON triumph in as many starts.

Snyder Does It

Ace CRIMSON hurler, Allen Snyder, proved himself a fine winner, purposely raising his beer can in nonchalant salute as he wafted a couple of easy ones over the platter, permitting the embarrassed Funnymen to score two men. "It's just to keep the ivy on the tradition," said he.

E. C. K. Read, of the Lampoon, was becomingly attired in a black net afternoon gown with a cream broadbrimmed creation by Bendel, while D. Stuart Friedkin of the CRIMSON salon was inexpressibly soigne in a Polynesian outfit complete with a gay print sarong. Stanley Brown and his Crimsonians played for dancing.