Local Donkey-Elephant Tussle Opens Today

Republicans Form Willkie Club as F D R Men Hold Meeting Tomorrow

Republicans and Democrats both sprang into action yesterday when the G. O. P. announced the formation of a Harvard Willkie Club and the Roosevelt Club made public its speakers at an open meeting in Emerson D tomorrow night at 7:30 o'clock.

Henry F. Grady, assistant secretary of State, a specialist in foreign trade for 20 years, will discuss "Roosevelt's Foreign Policy" at the Democratic meeting while Arthur N. Holcombe, chairman of the Department of Government, will talk on "The Third Term Issue."

Willkie Drive Starts Today

Headed by Theodore J. Fraizer '41, the Willkie Club will make its headquarters at 2 Plympton street, site last year of a Communist bookshop. According to a statement by Fraizer, the Club intends to promote University rallies to "emphasize the issues of the election" and to support a drive for the registration of absentee voters.

Faculty debates on the campaign issues and addresses by nationally known speakers also form a part of the Club's plans, Fraizer said.