"Too Much Johnson" Has Dress Rehearsal

Last Minute Cast Change, Local Firemen Add to General Confusion

Confusion reigned as the first fulldress rehearsal of "Too Much Johnson" got under way last night in Sanders Theatre. Bustling belles in brocades and peacock feathers scurried around the stage, followed by strange creatures, among which was a redoubtable Frenchman dressed in a double-breasted frock coat and wearing a Napoleon III moustache.

The play, B.D.C.'s second production of the season, will be given in Sanders for three nights, starting tomorrow evening Dealing with several cases of mistaken identity, the show is a "highly-tropical farce," to quote its author, William Gillette.

Production troubles have plagued director Ted Squiers '43 and his associates, for one of the leading players went on pro and had to be replaced by the assistant director. S. Leonard Kent '43. The Cambridge Fire Department labeled the cyclorama a fire hazard, and the Club was obliged to have it fire-proofed.

In the interests of bigger and better drama Will Robinson '43 had to have most of his hair shaved off so he would look his part, and, for the same reason, Richard Wiechman '43 has been letting his hair grow for weeks.

The cast of "Too Much Johnson" follows:

Billings  William Robinson '43Mrs. Billings  Claire Johnson K. D.Mrs. Batterson  Charlotte ArmstrongJohnson  Rich'd W'chm'nn '43Faddish  Michael Millen '44Leonora Faddish  Claire Johnston K. D.Makintosh  Leonard Kent '43Frederick  John Turner '44Purser  John Rand '43A. Negro  Marshall Durgin '44Steward  George Fowler '43Dathis  Albert Field 2GLooton  Donald Fine '4