Deans Hudnut, Lamb Back Proposal to Relieve Problems of Graduate Housing

Contacts With Other Departments Should Prove Valuable for All Students

Joseph F. Hudnut, Dean of the Faculty of Design, and Arthur B. Lamb, Erying Professor of Chemistry and Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, announced yesterday that they would be very favorably inclined toward a graduate housing plan.

"Houses for graduate students," Dean Hudnut said, "similar to those for undergraduate students should be provided if such a plan is feasible, considering the present resources of the University."

Although Dean Lamb pointed out that students in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences are in a better position as regards rooming and eating facilities than most of the other graduate students, he would very much like to see a graduate center.

Dean Lamb believes that it is educational for men in different branches of study to mingle, and that intimate contacts of this sort may prove almost as valuable for the student as the curriculum itself.

Men working for a doctor's degree in Chemistry, in Dean Lamb's opinion, have worked out a very successful temporary solution to the rooming problem through the national chemical fraternity. Alpha Chi Sigma.