RED AND BLUE SHADES CRIMSON QUINTET 36-35

Feslermen Fight Uphill Battle, Knot Score at 35-35, Bow to Foul Shot; Lutz High Scorer

By John C. Robbins

The Pennsylvania basketball team turned the tables on the Crimson last night, winning the return game between the two by one solitary point, 36 to 35, and getting a sweet revenge for the last-second, overtime defeat inflicted on them a week and a half ago by the Harvard eagers.

The Varsity hoopsters fought an uphill battle all the way, only holding the lead once and then for but a few seconds just after the second half opened. For the rest of the game they were forced to play with anywhere from a one to six point deficit to overcome.

Spurt Near End

With six minutes to go the scoreboard read 31 to 25 for the Red and Blue, but in the next four minutes the Crimson put on a spurt, and with two minutes left Joe Romano sank a shot that tied the game at 35 all. At that point Ross Hahu, Sophomore forward, was given two free shots, and although he made only one, it was enough. No more Harvard shots came even close to the basket.

The game was a fast one with the ball traveling back and forth, up and down the floor, but the Crimson offense was not able to break through a stubborn Quaker defense and get close shots at the basket.

Charley Lutz was the evening's high scorer with 14 points, scored on six field goals and two fouls. Hen Soleliac and Bill Rock followed with 13 and 11. Ed Rothschild, Crimson center, shone on the defense as well as scoring five points.