New Hampshire Stick Contest is Postponed

Garb Will Be Played Later This Week; Lacrossemen Have Record of Four Wins, Five Losses

Because of rain and soggy ground the lacrosse team did not meet New Hampshire in their tit scheduled to be played Saturday. The game is to be played either Wednesday or Friday, depending on the weather.

The Witherspoon ten have had their ups and downs this season, having won four games and dropped five to the enemy. The stickmen seem to be allergic to battles played on foreign territory, for they have lost every match away, but on home ground they have come out victors in every game but that with Dartmouth.

Pete Zouck, Doug Anderson, and Fred Benedix have been the pacers in the scoring field with captain Gordy Haistead and Jess Willard giving very able support. George Hanford has shown himself to be one of the best goalies in the league by pulling more than one game out of the fire with his efficient work at the nets. According to Coach Johnnie Witherspoon, the team, when clicking, is one of the best, so using this as a criterion and remembering their decisive victory over the Techmen last week, the prospects for the coming struggle with New Hampshire may be called bright.