USHERS NAMED FOR CLASS DAY

Lowry, Thayer Chosen With Burwell to Assist at Class Day Graduation and Spread

To assist at graduation activities, E. Langdon Burwell '41, of Eliot House, Donald I. Lowry '41, of Winthrop House, and Philip Thayer '41, of Winthrop House, were appointed head Junior Ushers by the Class Day Committee yesterday, Vinton Freedley, Jr. '40, chairman of the Committee announced.

Within the next few days the three Juniors will select and invite 40 of their classmates to serve as Junior Ushers.

General handymen during Graduation Week, the Ushers take part in all Class Day and Commencement exercises and are invited to the annual Senior Spread, it was explained. Their principle responsibilities are to welcome guests, to answer questions, to help ticket takers, and to pass out bunches of confetti at the Class Day celebrations.

Chosen From Active Juniors

The most active part of Graduation Week for the Ushers is the Baccalaureate Service when they sandwich Seniors and their parents into the crowded seats of Memorial Church.

Explaining the basis upon which the selection will be made, a member of the Class Day Committee said that the head Ushers usually choose men who have taken a prominent part in class activities.

Tickets for the Senior Spread will cost $4.50 instead of the $5 charged last year, it was stated yesterday. In previous years as much as $7 has been charged. Eddie Duchin will provide the music for the dance.

Besides Freedley, the following Seniors are members of the Class Day Committee, which will supervise the activities: Blair Clark, William C. Coleman, Jr., James D. Lightbody, Jr. Charles D. Lutz, Jr., Torbert H. Macdonald and Samuel W. White, Jr.