H.S.U. GIVE "PEACE" BY ARISTOPHANES

Nichols Doctors up Greek Comedy For Spring Drama

The Harvard Student Union will lay down its second barrage for peace in their Spring Peace Offensive this Friday and Saturday evenings when they stage Aristophanes' comedy. Peace, in modern dress, at Sanders Theatre.

An extraordinary variety of talent which runs the line from William Abrahams, '41 winner of the Lloyd McKinn Garrison Poetry Prize to Vern Miller '42, 250-pound Varsity football tackle, has been assembled for this their fourth venture into the world of amateur theatricals.

The play is concerned with the attempts of a young Athenian hero (Bob Nichols, '41) to halt the Peloponesian War by getting aid from the deities. The play follows his endeavors to get Peace out of the hole into which she has fallen. Especially featured are the gyrations of that Aristophane creation, the dung beetle, which Nichols rides to heaven.

Leonard Bernstein, '39, director of the H.S.U. production "The Cradle Will Rock," has again created an original score which will be sung by a picked chorus from the Glee Club and Radcliffe Choral Society. The ancient Greek comedy which tickled the ribs of toga-clad Athenians centuries ago, has been rewritten by Nichols, Abrahams, and Bernstein.

The remainder of the cast includes Leonard Kent, '43, star of the Dramatic Club's last year's hit, the Ascent of F-9, Priscilla Freeman, John Darr '42, Rufus Mathewson, '41, William Headley, '41, Leo Marx '41, and Harold Solomon '43.