P.B.H. Announces New Freshman Committee

Lawrence Creshkoff '46, of Grays Hall and Philadelphia has been appointed to serve as chairman, and 12 Freshmen have been elected to the P.B.H. Freshman Committee, it was announced on Friday after the Cabinet had supported the nominations made Andrew H. Wright '45, in charge of the group last year.

The other men elected are Bernard Bisgeier, Fred N. Fishman, W. Leeds Frye, Barry Golomb, Thomas Land, Melvin Maddocks, John Ryan, Sherman Starr, John Shepley, A. Richard Solvie, and John Sonneland, who was appointed assistant chairman.

Chosen after a competition that has lasted for the past three weeks, the committee members this year will begin to take part in other Brooks House activities immediately. Whether or not they will conduct their usual investigation into some phase of Freshman activities is not yet certain.

High spot of the competition was the annual distribution of Thanksgiving baskets to the needy of Cambridge, and along the same line is the first project of the new committee, the holding of a Christmas party for neighborhood children.