JANUARY 15 SET FOR '46 ROMP

Dance Slated for Mem Hall; Orchestra Not Yet Selected

To give the Class of '46 their first and probably last chance to get together, the Freshman Inter-House Committee has planned a winter dance for January 15. Not a Jubilee, the dance will, due to the present state of College life, be considerably toned down from last year's riotous Freshman weekend. Since, the University did not approve the idea until yesterday, concrete plans for the dance have not yet been made except for a general outline. The locale of the event will probably be Mem Hall, or, if this spot is not available, the Indoor Athletic Building Gym.

No Spree, Says Saxton

Stressing the fact that the dance will not be a high-powered spree, George Saxton '44, Student Council Member in charge of Freshman affairs, said that it would probably be informal and more reasonably priced than most College dances.

Biggest job before the Committee is the selection of an orchestra, which will be taken care of in the first week of January. Other details must also be worked out then.

The membership of the Committee, which now includes a representative from each House and Hall, under Chairman Joseph L. Ray '46, will not be expanded for the dance nor will any special group, like the Jubilee Committee of former years, be elected, according to Saxton.