Golf Team Will Have No Coach This Spring

Hodder's Departure Leaves Mentor's Position Unfilled

Varsity golf will get along without a coach this spring following the resignation of Clark Hodder '25, former mentor of the golfers as well as the hockey team. No one else on the coaching faculty felt that he could fill the vacancy, and last year's returning letter-men, after consultation with William J. Bingham '16, director of Athletics, decided to get along by themselves rather than try to get an outside coach or dissolve the team.

There is enough money left in the golf quota of the regular Athletic Budget to enable those on the team who need lessons most to take them from Burt Nichols, the professional at the Belmont Country Club. The team will be chosen as usual on a strictly competitive basis, and the question of coaching for those not on the team will be left up to the individual.

Match Schedule Changed

The team's match schedule this spring will be radically changed because of the war. Instead of playing each of the five members of the northern division of the Eastern Intercollegiate League separately, as has been the practice in the past, the six teams will meet at Worcester on April 24 and 25 to decide the championship.

The champions will play the winner of the southern division later in the season. Yale, Brown, Williams, Holy Cross, and Dartmouth are other five members of the division.