Names of Eligibles For Senior Offices Released by Committee

Only Those Now In College Considered

Nominations for the Senior Class offices which will be filled at the first election Monday and Tuesday were announced last night by Peter Dammann '42, chairman of the Senior Election Committee.

Additional men can be nominated by petitions signed by 25 Seniors, which should be placed in the mailbox of the Student Council Office, Phillips Brooks House, or should be given to John Richardson, Jr. '43, chairman of the Election Committee, at Winthrop House G-25 before 9 o'clock tomorrow night.

Only Those New Here Named

Naming only men who are now in College, the Nominating Committee decided that it should not consider for office Seniors who have had to leave Harvard because of the war.

"Some members of our class who might otherwise have been elected to an office have left, or are about to leave college to take part in war work," Dammann explained. "We felt that we should not nominate them for Class Day positions; for although these officers are largely honorary, they have certain responsibilities to meet during Commencement Week."

Treasurer's Post Important

In their first election Monday and Tuesday, Seniors will votes for the three marshals, treasurers, chorister, orator, and poet. Of these the treasurer alone is a permanent position.

The treasurer, regarded by College and Alumni officials as one of the most important officers chosen by the Senior Class, is in charge of the class funds, raises money for reunions and other class activities, and with the class agent conducts the drive for the $100,000 which is ordinarily given to the College at the time of the Twenty-Fifth Reunion.

The names of those nominated for secretary, Class Day Committee, and Permanent Class Committee, who will be selected in the second election on Monday and Tuesday, March 9 and 10, will be announced in next Thursday's CRIMSON.

SENIOR CLASS NOMINATIONS

Marshal

Charles Burgess Ayres

Charles Shartle Bridge

John Augur Holabird, Jr.

Loren Greenwood MacKinney

Harry Newman, Jr.

Endicott Peabody, II

John Clapp Robbins, Jr.

Keith Randolph Symon

Chorister

Charles Walker Field

Emil Bernard Fleischaker

Daniel Sydney Poor

Walter Le Mar Talbot, Jr.

Richard Bruce Stedman

Odist

Marvin Galbraith Barret

Howard Curtis Bennett, Jr.

Robert Henry Coleman

James Doherty Lynch

Gurdon Wallace Wattles

Treasurer

John Philip Bunker

Nelson Jarvie Darling, Jr.

William Paine La Croix

John Lowell

Arthur Theodore Lyman, Jr.

Orator

Edward Ames

John Winthrop Ballantine

Randolph Laughlin Marshall

William Celestin Murphy

Payson Richard Wolff

Poet

Alan Joseph Ansen

Robert Bowden Broadwater

Laurence Allyn Brown, Jr.

Harry David Feltenstein, Jr.

Coles Phinizy