HOOPSTERS SET TO FACE SCALP-SEEKING INDIANS

Crimson Hope to Set Green Twice in Year

By A.edward Rowse

"We've done it before and we can do it again," the words of a current patriotic ditty, may be what Coach Earl Brown and his basketball cohorts are singing as they journey to Hanover to meet the championship Dartmouth Indians in a contest scheduled for 8:30 o'clock tonight.

The Crimson quintet, in attempting to repeat its stunning 49 to 36 earlier season victory, will be trying to accomplish what no league team has been able to do since the Indians began their domination of the league in 1938, that is, beat Dartmouth twice in the same season.

On the basis of its poor showing against Tufts Wednesday night and since Joe Romano, veteran forward, must be used sparingly because of his leg injury, the odds again seem to be on the side of the Big Green for tonight's clash.

Green Seeks Revenge

Furthermore, there is no other team in the country which the Indians would prefer to scalp than the Crimson as it seeks bloody revenge tonight for the former upset.

A Dartmouth press release says that "in the words of the average Dartmouth basketball followers--no more rabid sports fans exist anywhere in the nation--it should produce something extra special in the world of basketball when a Dartmouth net team that is mad clear through goes into action."

Coach Earl Brown, hoping that they might return to their pre-exam form, will probably field the same players that faced Tufts against the four-time champions tonight. Bunks Burditt, who scored 21 points against the Indians in the first game, will start at center, with Bill Webber and Chich Lutz at the forward posts. Captain Bud Finegan and tall Don Lutze will probably take over the guard duties, but Ed Rothschild, whose height is needed, and Ed Buckley will see plenty of action also at guard.

Coach Ossie Cowles will start Jim Olsen at the pivot position, with George Munroe and Bob Myers at the forward positions. At guard will be Stan Skaug and Captain Stub Pearson. Munroe and Olsen are first and second in the league individual scoring race.