FRESHMEN WIN IN THREE, LOSE ONE

Three victories and one defeat marked a big day for Freshman teams today. The tennis, gold, and lacrosse squds all scored stunning win,s while the Yardling baseball team failed in the attempt for the thrid straight success.

The '45 racquetmen played their best tennis of the season as they swamped Milton Academy 8 to 1, while the second team blasted the Orange and Blue by a score of 7 to 0.

Coach Don Peddie's golf team took the measure of a strong M. I. T. quartet 4 to 2. The best score of the day was turned in by Walt Wilcox, who shot a startling 74. The third victory of the year was won by the lacrosse team, which downed Lawrence Academy, 9 to 1. High scorer was Fred Geenhalge, who was responsible for nearly half the team's total.

At Milton, sloppy fielding resulting in eight errors led to the 10 to 9 loss of the baseball team. With the score 9 to 8 in their favor, the Yardlings booted away the game when shortstop Jim Gallagher's error allowed tow runs to score for the Orange and Blue. Vince Leahey's hard hitting was the only compensating feature of the defeat.