Germanic Museum to Present "Jedermann"

Hofmannstahl's Faustian Drama Enjoyed Wide Fame

In a unique performance scheduled for this Friday and Saturday the Germanic Museum will present Huge von Hofmannstahl's play "Jedermann", which used to be given annually, under such eminent directors as Reinhardt, in front of the Salzburg Cathedral in Germany.

The first performance of the play at Salzburg created such a favorable impression that it became a tradition yearly feature, before the war, throughout Germany and Austria. The plot is a greatly elaborated and modernized version of the theme of "Faust."

In the leading role, and also director of the play, will be Kurt von Faber du Faur, who has been in charge of many presentations at the University of Goettingen and in Florence. Other members of the cast will include Harvard instructors and students from the College and Radcliffe.

John Crockett '43 of the Advocate has charge of the elaborate costuming, while a medieval Baroque organ, the only one of its type at College, will be played by Judson Rand, Jr., organist of Christ Church. Rand will also lead the choir in the special music which he has written to accompany the two performances of "Jedermann."