DYER APPOINTED DEAN

Replaces Chauncey Starting August 3

The post of Assistant Dean of the College in charge of National and Freshman Scholarships, has been filled by the appointment of Henry Dyer '27, now Assistant Dean and professor of Psychology at Allegheny College in Pennsylvania.

Dean Dyer who will assume his duties on August 3, is replacing Dean Henry Chauncey, who next year will be Assistant to the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and Chairman of the Committee on Scholarships.

Received B. S. Degree

After preparing for college at the Rindge Technical School and Phillips Academy, Andover, Dean Dyer received his B.S. degree from Harvard and went on with graduate work in the University. He has been awarded a Master's degree and a doctorate in Education.

Following several years' teaching experience, he served as Assistant Principal of the Dexter School in Brookline, and in 1939-1940 he assisted Dean Chauncey on the Harvard Study of the Graduate Record Examination for the Carnegie Foundation. He then moved to Allegheny College, where he taught Psychology in addition to his administrative duties.

Dean Chauncey, whose promotion to head the scholarship committee was announced several weeks ago, has long been associated with scholarship work. He has in addition been an Assistant Dean of the Freshman Class since 1929, and during the past year was in charge of the Harvard Committee on Civilian Defense.